Buying a home and choosing a neighborhood may be the biggest, most important, decision of your life. Because Harmony Terrace of Tampa Bay is a different kind of community, whose residents have a shared set of values, we want to help you make this weighty decision by asking you to give the following questions your serious and thoughtful consideration.
Start finding out by taking this questionnaire! If you can answer “yes” to most of these questions, you would likely enjoy living in a Co-Housing Community!
- Do you like the idea of getting to know a diverse group of neighbors as friends?
- Do you want to be part of a “green” community” that is dedicated to reducing its environmental impact?
- Do you like the idea of a common house where community meals can take place, workshops and classes held, and guest rooms available for visits from family and friends?
- Are you ready for a home with a smaller footprint, knowing that you will gain space from community areas in the common house and gardens?
- Are you willing to forego a garage attached to your house–walking instead from a central garage & parking area, in order to have a pedestrian-friendly, car-free neighborhood?
- Do you regard yourself as a problem solver and enjoy contributing to group solutions?
- Are you willing to share some of your time, talent, and effort in committees and workgroups that benefit the community?
- Do you enjoy potlucks and taking part in neighborhood dinners?
- Do you like the idea of a community garden in addition to your home garden?
- Do you want to live in a village setting that creates a sense of safety and caring that nurtures the young and old, singles and families?
- Do you want to consume less “stuff” and reduce waste through sharing and cooperation in daily life?
- Would you be willing to be on a cook team once every few months to help prepare or clean up from a community meal?
- Would you enjoy living in a community that is mutually supportive and encourages interaction, while honoring and respecting each person’s privacy?
- Are you committed to living in a peaceful, harmonious environment where each neighbor’s right to the quiet enjoyment of their homes is respected?
Links to More Information about Cohousing