Our Mission is
To create a great place to live together – where each resident feels respected, befriended, valued, and eager to contribute to the good of our community.
We shall pursue this mission by physical design, governance style through consensus, social activities, workgroups, neighborliness, and spiritual support.
Our Vision for Our Community includes:
- A light footprint… to be ecologically sensitive, socially and environmentally connected to sustainable standards. Solar power, water conservation, and green standards will be used as much as possible;
- Individually owned, modest homes;
- Jointly owned common areas;
- A combination of Private and Shared Living Spaces;
- A neighborhood of about 6 residences per acre with parking areas away from living areas;
- A community that welcomes diversity of ages, families, ethnicity, LGBTQ+ and religions;
- Universal accessibility of all facilities;
- Pedestrian-oriented to encourage frequent interaction with neighbors.
Harmony Terrace members agree to live by these Principles
- Honor the inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Utilize justice, equity and compassion in all human relations;
- Accept one another and encourage personal growth;
- Encourage a free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- Recognize the right of individual conscience and the use of the democratic process within our neighborhood and in society at large;
- Do our part to create a world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.